Natsu Matsuri 2018

Natsu Matsuri is also known as the Japan Summer festival that is held yearly at The Japanese School, Changi Campus. This year, it was held in National Stadium. The event was made to be bigger, more fun and more space too. For those that have gone to the event in the previous years, you might have experienced the squeeze around the venue.





Since I'm more of a food person, here goes all the yummy food that I have tried out. My favorite would be the Choco Banana. Really didn't expect it to taste so WOW *.*
Choco Banana
A must try! the rainbow chocolate coating suits the banana really well! slight sweetness and the colorful balls are like  crunch crunch. Taste good, texture good

And more desserts...

Pretty cupcakes

<3

These cupcakes looks too pretty to eat!
Not only is it pleasing to the eye, it joys your taste buds too. The sponge is fluffy and moist, the cream is oh-so creamy but not sickening.

Lavender ice cream? sounds great!
This is another product that I didn't get to try coz the queue is erm.....extremely long. But is really hope next year will have and it's in my bucket list to get my hands on these! Anything lavender is a must for me. hehe


Let's move on to the savories
Katsu  chicken curry
Sadly, i didnt really try out this since I had food restrictions. but the smell is enchanting and based on what the person eating say, it is yummy!! The chicken is not fried dry and the curry is not too spicy for people that can't handle spice. And, although is is quite "small" you can get slightly full from these and small bites along the way.

Takoyaki
We have the Takoyaki!
Unlike those that you purchase from outside, their takoyaki is light and colour and chewy. Worry not, it is fully cooked and safe to eat. The octopus they used is really...damn fat
Here is some photos of the stall and them making. 
Note* Tako=octopus in Japanese

A lill messy but the stall has a really  long line and the staff are real busy
The octopus(Tako) used for takoyaki. Now you know where Takoyaki got it's name from. 

Chestnut Steamed bun
Not sure this is sweet or savory but it is another must try. At first, I thought is is gonna be overly sweet with all those brown sugar but surprisingly, the brown sugars gives it a hint of mild sweetness and fragrance. They are really generous with the chestnuts, 3 big ones! bigger than those brought outside in the packets. It's a healthier choice too!

So happy I got the new batch ^.^
snacks store selling many different items. Their instant noodle is POP

Done eating! Time for shopping!

I'll let the pictures talk themselves. Overall, their items are either cute/pretty/cute+pretty
You can find many different things here, from figurines - soft toys - hair clips - bags and merchandise. I even enjoyed a free hair do with the clips I brought. Scroll down to see! 











This hairstyle definitely is not easy to do. The stylist took quite some time to "design" and think of ways to use both clips coz they have very different styles. But overall, I love it! it is so well done for a messy style (which i can't do) :(



And Yes! I brought my own yukata for the event. They do have rental and dressing service of yutakas. If you have one, you can bring your own and they help you wear or you can also choose and rent one of theirs. There are many designs to choose from too! Geta is not rentable thoo..... nearby have shop that sells geta if you want one
I tried to look normal but.... the next one look better
Looks like awkwardness is me!
Here are my loots steals from the event and....


Thank you for reading & viewing so far!!! I know it is quite lengthy! 
and also thank you tp my photographer for these whole day <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chemical Peel Singapore Review | Glycolic AHA acid | Mandelic acid | Salicylic BHA acid

Hitting the BIG 2!

Etude House Double Lasting Cushion